Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Confession-

As Josh and I talk about the future and our kids (to-be) I kinda feel like I will never birth again. This is not all that sad for me expect that I want to BIRTH again. Not be pregnant and really not even have a baby (we are looking at adopting a little older like 6 months to a year or something). I just want to give birth... I want to do it at home WITHOUT an epi. I have no problem with women who choose to get one but it was not what I wanted. I would give anything to do it over again, KINDA OF. The Lord grace is so sweet... if I had it my way I would have done a water birth, well C's cord was in a knot which means he would have drowned during the birth. So the Lord is sweet and for that I am grateful and without complaint. I just want to birth a baby the way I see it right. I tell all my friends to do it and yet I have not. I find myself looking at blogs and fb to see someones birth story, to see if they did it. It is not what defines me and I need to realize it does not matter. C is great, I am great and we are all happy and 3 months away from one year!! I had to type it out and confess. I hate my birth story but I am a mom, a wife and most importantly a Christian. Natural birth is not a label that should be on top of my list.

1 comment:

Courtney Hofmann said...

sometimes i think that defines me as well and i am not even a mom- much less pregnant! but natural birth is important to me as well and the route we want to go and whenever i talk about it, i have to guard against pride or thinking i know what i am talking about when i clearly dont. like you said, you may plan for one thing and the lord have something else totally in mind... love you and miss you! and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog- it made my day!