Wednesday, August 25, 2010





Note before you continue: You may or may not know that Josh and I have been together since we were 16.

Tonight we were cleaning out the office closet. I came across a few boxes that had our note, pictures, emails all that jazz from the start of our friendship until now. It was crazy going thru that stuff. One thing that was funny was seeing a) how the thing you use to adore about your spouse is the thing you fight about now. b) how some of our problems now where the same as back then (maybe not problems but some personality traits) It was sweet to see how crazy in love we were and defiantly makes me want to get back there, to an extent, there is also this sweetness to the security and passion and life we have now. I guess what I am saying is I am thankful for the journey. I cant believe 1) How we use to question if we were the one and now we are married and have a baby and a mortgage. 2) how quickly we moved. We were telling each other we loved one another before we said we were bf and gf out loud. But I remember this... it was true. I loved that man since the first day I saw him, that has not changed. BUT let me say Copeland may not fall in love that young. Mommy is going to guard that heart with all she has bc it usually does not end the way it did for us.
Another sweet thing about tonight- Copeland is teething so sleep is a little tricky. So he was awake for some of this and I let him play with a old photo of us. I told Josh "wow it is kinda crazy how I am looking at this stuff and "our" son is sitting here playing with stuff of ours from high school. Things really have come full circle."
I will say this, in reading some of the letter we were 2 teenagers on fire for God and really encouraged and prayed for one another. I hope we can get back to the young innocent faith.

It was a great night looking back, I am thankful for it all but mostly thankful for where I am today. I have a beautiful family but mostly I have a wonderful husband, whose smile still melts my heart like a 16 year old girl. I would not change a day with him and would not pick another man. Josh is everything the Lord has for me and I rest in the fact that he has us together for his kingdom. I pray that we grow in that role so that he can use us.

I dont have a scanner to get old old pictures so one of us from 2005 will have to do.

I LOve You JOShua PauL HeNLey
-The Mrs.

No comments: