Wednesday, May 19, 2010

L.A.Z.Y

I am so so so Lazy with my faith...

Lazy with:
Reading the word
Praying
Going to church
all of it...

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.1 Corinthians 9

I have been a Christian long enough to know the prize (or as much of it I can get here on earth) I know the He is good, the He is enough, I know that in him all things are better. And yet I find myself becoming more and more lazy. I always thought that having a child would change me so much bc I would be a living example to my son or daughter... and yet 7 months in and I am... LAZY. Too lazy to seek God for myself, my family and my son.

Lord-
HELP ME, I want to run the race and run it well. I want to know you more, I want to be a silent reflection of you to my son and husband. I always ask for your help but what I really need is DISCIPLINE, I need to just get off my butt and do it. Chase after the Father who saved my soul and who has given me all the things I use to avoid time with you.
Amen

No comments: