Friday, August 6, 2010


I am very interested in homeschooling my children so I was excited to read a post form my new favorite blog about their feelings on homeschool. Josh and I are not saying we are for-sure doing HS, being that C is only 9 months old we will put more thought into it as he get there. HOwever I loved this little part she said...

That being said, my goals are not that we would have the most smart or well-educated children on the earth, but rather that our children would first love the Lord, desire to serve Him, love to learn, respect and steward God’s creation, and learn to articulate their faith from a Biblical worldview.

WOW, something I have never though of... when I was growing up my grades were always the most important thing. I learned how to get good grades with as little work/education as possible. I received praise for my great grades but as a adult find that I have many short comings. Now, thinking about it, I believe I would have parented the same. But after reading this I realize that your grades do not reflect your education and they most defiantly do not reflect your understanding of Christ and how your relationship with him works in the world around you. When we get to the bridge of education I believe this little phrase will really shape my mind set and how I teach or respond to C and my future children.




No comments: